Saturday 13 August 2011

MEN AND MASCARA

As soon as I clicked send on my last post I looked up at the TV and a mascara advert came on. I usually completely ignore make up advertisements, I have certain brands I use and I stick to them but this advert caught my eye because they used a man in the scene. I have done a quick search and I cant find another mascara advert where a man has been used. And of course it isnt just any man it is Pharrell Williams, who completely overshadows the beautiful Jessica Biel just by unexpectedly walking into the room.
See the advert below.


I think Pharrell Williams and Jessica Biel are great for targeting the younger market and just the fact a man is strolling through the normally man free zone of make up advertising will catch the other viewers attention. 

Revlon have been very clever.

No comments:

Post a Comment